Friday, June 26, 2009

First Post - Kaholo Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) Project Update - No Pictures Yet

Stay tuned for commentary and photos of my attempt to construct a Chesapeake Light Craft (CLC) Kaholo Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) from plans. Plans and kits are available from www.clcboats.com.

Target completion date for this project is July 31, 2009, in time for a couple of weeks of southwest Michigan shakedown cruises before attempting Ocean paddling in mid-August.

I've secured the plywood, African mahogany plywood called Okoume. The plywood is milled in Europe and is very high quality and somewhat expensive.

I've begun transferring the plans to the plywood. Earlier this week I cut out a piece that will become the aft bottom of the Kaholo. Last night I finished transferring the lines for the forward bottom pieces to the plywood. I plan to cut those pieces out in the near future.

I'm going in search of some additional wood supplies later today. I need 48' of 1/2" X 3/4" cypress for sheer clamps and bottom stiffeners. Hopefully I can find cypress, or a suitable alternate, in the Chicago metropolitan area.

Keep you posted,

Okoume Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment